It is no secret that trails everywhere are getting bigger and gnarlier. And nobody likes to pick their rear triangle up off the ground after a serious rear wheel hang up. The Sunday Rooster is the answer to trail riders everywhere who are looking to buy their last frame.
The Rooster comes with trail friendly geometry of 74˚ HT, 71˚ ST, lower 11.625” BB height and a 13.75” -14” CS length. The rear end of this bike is stiffened up by the Director style wishbone and a post weld 41 Thermal heat treating process giving the frame a lifetime warranty.
Sunday frame innovations are tested in our best aftermarket models before they’re applied to our complete bikes. Featuring function-driven design details to provide riders with ultra high-quality frames that are durable, easy to set-up and adaptable to every style of riding. Our features vary from frame to frame, so check out each frame to see it’s specific features list.
- Black Magic
- Dr. Pepper Red
- 41 Thermal Processed: The proven 41 Thermal process allows the frame to be lightweight AND strong. It means this design is backed by a legendary lifetime warranty. (?)We are the only company to use Odyssey’s proven and trusted 41 Thermal heat treating. This formula has been refined and improved since the late 90′s.
- Black Magic Coating: Every frame is rustproofed inside and out before the finish is applied and the lightweight “Black Magic” coating is the best anti-corrosion processing that’s offered today. (?)Have you noticed the black coating on the steerer tube of our forks or inside the bottom bracket on a frame? Well, that’s our Black Magic rust-proof coating that’s on the inside and outside of the product. The goal is to help your product last longer and not fail due to rust whether it’s found externally or internally.
- Integrated Headtube: The integrated headtube is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength and durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit. (?)An integrated headset is smooth, durable and consistent. It’s also easy to install and maintain.
- Post-Weld Machining: The Mid BB is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength or durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit. (?)All Sunday frames use a mid bottom bracket and an integrated headset. A BB shell starts off perfectly round before the frame is welded, but after welding the shape is distorted due to the weld heat. No longer is it perfectly round, which makes it more difficult to install your BB bearing. It is diffcult to install a pefectly round bearing into something that is not perfectly round. We go back in after-welding to remachine the BB and headtube, so that they are perfectly round and your bearings fit in without any issues. Very few companies take the time to do this.
- Director-style Wishbones: Slimmed-down Director style wishbone is lighter and significantly stronger than previous versions. (?)Sunday has always used a wishbone due to its strength over the two tube style chainstay design. We started out with the traditional style, but in 2008 we came out with the Director style wishbone which is based off the Odyssey Director fork. This style elminates the problematic welded on cap which was prone to cracking. The overall size of the wishbone decreased as well, so you get a less bulky, but very strong chainstay.
- Non-sandwiched Toptube Junction: The toptube is miter-cut for a precise fit with the seat stays during welding. This increases the strength substantially over frames that use a “sandwiched” toptube at this junction.
- Double Butted Seattube: Internally double-butted seat tube is used to save weight, but provide strength.
- Tapered Chain & Seat Stays: Both chain and seat stays taper to provide a refined and clean look to the frame while still providing strength. The are both angled on the inside for improved chain clearance and weight savings.
- Seat Clamp: All Sunday frames come with a removable, ultra-slim, 2014-T6 aluminum seat clamp with replaceable hardware and self-aligning nut included.
- Angled Removable Brake Mounts: Angled removable ‘Vanishing Point’ brake mounts with ultra-durable, internally reinforced bosses that provide a clean look when removed.
- Cable Channel: This can be found on the underside of the toptube and cleans up cable routing while stiffening the toptube.
- Gyro® tabs
- TT: 21″ & 21.25″
- Angles: 74° HT, 71° SA
- CS: 13.75” -14”
- BB: 11.625″ MID
- WT: 4.7 LBS