The Aaron Ross Funday frame uses nearly all of Sunday’s aftermarket frame features including hollow dropouts, integrated chain tensioners, Wave down tube, angled removable brake mounts, Director style wishbone, post-weld machining of the BB & HT and full 41 Thermal heat-treating backed by a lifetime warranty. It continues on with the geometry specified by Aaron Ross himself. Matching Vapor Blue aftermarket Odyssey parts will be available during the same shelf life as the frame.
- Double Butted Seat Tube & Miter Cut Top Tube: Learn More » The seat tube is where all three triangles of the frame meet and it is crucial to keep this tube strong. An internally double-butted seat tube helps achieve that goal while saving weight. A miter-cut top tube ensures a precise fit with the seat stays during welding. This increases the strength substantially over frames that use a "sandwiched" toptube at this junction.
- Wave Down Tube: Learn More » Down tube dents will significantly weaken the front end of your bike. Our Double-butted 1.45" diameter downtube with proven Wave shaping to fight denting of the tube due to contact made from a rail, ledge or coping. Take your hand and run it along the underside of one of our frames with Wave tubing. You will no doubt notice all the ridges. The tighter radius of the waves stiffens the tube making it harder to dent. While it's not able to eliminate every dent, it will take far more abuse than a non-Wave downtube. Important to note is that it adds minimal weight compared to a traditional tube. Wave Down Tube with Wave Gusset Double-butted 1.45" diameter downtube with proven Wave shaping to fight denting.
- Tapered Chain & Seat Stays: Learn More » Both chain and seat stays taper to provide a refined and clean look to the frame while still providing strength. The are both angled on the inside for improved chain clearance and weight savings.
- Post Weld Machining: Learn More » The Mid BB is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength or durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit. All Sunday frames use a mid bottom bracket and an integrated headset. A BB shell starts off perfectly round before the frame is welded, but after welding the shape is distorted due to the weld heat. No longer is it perfectly round, which makes it more difficult to install your BB bearing. It is diffcult to install a pefectly round bearing into something that is not perfectly round. We go back in after-welding to remachine the BB and headtube, so that they are perfectly round and your bearings fit in without any issues. Very few companies take the time to do this.
- Integrated Head Tube: Learn More » The integrated headtube is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength and durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit. An integrated headset is smooth, durable and consistent. It's also easy to install and maintain.
- Director Wishbone: Learn More » Slimmed-down Director style wishbone is lighter and significantly stronger than previous versions. Sunday has always used a wishbone due to its strength over the two tube style chainstay design. We started out with the traditional style, but in 2008 we came out with the Director wishbone. This style eliminates the problematic welded on cap which was prone to cracking. The overall size of the wishbone decreased as well, so you get a less bulky, but very strong chainstay.
- Braking Options: Learn More » Refined removable brake mounts and cable channel improvements that provides benefits with or without a brake setup. Cable Channel This can be found on the underside of the toptube and cleans up cable routing while stiffening the toptube. Angled Removable Brake Mounts Angled removable 'Vanishing Point' brake mounts with ultra-durable, internally reinforced bosses that provide a clean look when removed. Removable Gyro® tabs If you like spinning the bars, then these will come in handy.
- Black Magic Coating: Learn More » Every frame is rustproofed inside and out before the finish is applied and the lightweight "Black Magic" coating is the best anti-corrosion processing that's offered today. Have you noticed the black coating on the steerer tube of our forks or inside the bottom bracket on a frame? Well, that's our Black Magic rust-proof coating that's on the inside and outside of the product. The goal is to help your product last longer and not fail due to rust whether it's found externally or internally.
- 41 Thermal Processed: Learn More » We are the only company to use Odyssey's proven and trusted 41 Thermal heat treating. This formula has been refined and improved since the late 90's. The proven 41 Thermal process allows our products to be lightweight AND strong. It is also backed by a legendary lifetime warranty.