- 100% 4130 Chromoly Frame (Post-Weld Heat-Treated)
- Butted Seat Tube & Miter Cut Top Tube: Learn More » The seat tube is where all three triangles of the frame meet and it is crucial to keep this tube strong.
- Tapered Chain & Seat Stays: Learn More » Both chain and seat stays taper to provide a refined and clean look to the frame while still providing strength. The are both angled on the inside for improved chain clearance and weight savings.
- Post Weld Machining: Learn More » The Mid BB and Headtube is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength or durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit.
- Integrated Head Tube: Learn More » The integrated headtube is machined to its absolute minimum without sacrificing strength and durability. The machining happens after welding for a precision bearing fit.
- Hollow Dropouts with Chain Tensioners: Learn More » Hollow 8mm wide dropouts are as light as a solid 5mm dropout, but over twice as strong. There is a small internal chain tensioner to hold the wheel in place as well as simplify wheel removal.
- Braking Options: Learn More » Refined removable brake mounts and cable channel improvements that provides benefits with or without a brake setup.
- Black Magic Coating: Learn More » All of our frames are rust-proofed with our "Black Magic" coating before the final finish is applied. It is lightweight and the best anti-corrosion processing that's offered today.
The Motoross is Aaron Ross’ first new signature frame in almost 5 years. When we sat down with Aaron to discuss the design we asked him to start from scratch. After some debate he came back to us with 3 main requests.
1.) Focus on a more traditional look and a lower retail price.
2.) Steepen the head tube angle for a more responsive and up-to-date steering feel.
3.) Make the lower headset bearing flush with the head tube when a fork with an integrated race is installed.
Changing the head tube angle and making the bearing flush was easy. Next, we used custom drawn and butted tubing for both the top tube and down tube. Each tube has been uniquely dimensioned to handle the stresses that the front triangle has to cope with. The down tube also makes use of an eccentric internal butting shape at the head tube, which allows for a much thicker cross-section in the area where an external gusset would normally be.
The end result is the exact frame that Aaron was looking for. Simple, reasonably priced, and responsive.
The Motoross comes with an 8.8″ standover height and an updated BB shell and chainstay design that allows for a 2.4″ tire clearance without sacrificing strength or altering the frame’s aesthetic.
Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
3-year limited frame damage warranty.
Geometry & Specs
- Top tube lengths: 20.75" & 21"
- Head tube angle: 75°
- Seat tube angle: 71°
- Chainstay length: 13.25" slammed
- Bottom bracket height: 11.5"
- Standover (c-to-c): 8.8"
- Tire clearance: 2.4"
- Weight: 5lbs
- Fluorescent Yellow
- Black Magic